Hawaii is often marketed as a Winter escape for U.S. mainland residents. The Aloha State’s abundant sunshine and sprawling coasts provide much-needed warmth for Winter travelers. While this may be the more popular option, there certainly are perks of traveling during the off-season. This time runs from April to November and can be just as enjoyable for long-term travelers. If you have recently invested in Hawaii real estate, the following are some of the reasons you may consider sticking around during the low season.
- You will enjoy a tourist-free environment. While this may be the most obvious perk, it can’t be overstated. In 2014 alone, 8.2 million people visited the Hawaiian islands, many during peak tourist time. Hawaii property and public lands are simply less occupied during this time, so you can enjoy a long stay without crowds and noise.
- You can relax during a rain storm. April to November is the rainy season in Hawaii, which may push some people away. But as a resident, you can see this as a perk. There is nothing quite like ducking inside and reading a book during a sudden rainstorm. Now imagine doing that every day.
- There’s time to hang with the locals. You found your big island land for sale, purchased it, and now it’s time to get to know your community. During the low season, there is more time to relax with the locals and let them show you around. And this will all happen without tourists mulling about.
- Off-season prices are much more affordable. If you plan to come and go from your Hawaiian home during this time, airfare will likely be much less expensive. This allows you the flexibility to travel as you want. You may find that you are able to find other local deals on furniture, food, and activities during this time.
- Hawaii can start to feel like home. For many people, Hawaii land for sale is just another piece of property. But for you, your Waikoloa Village or other community is now your home. Use the off season to get to know the area and start finding your routine.
Once you buy your big island land for sale, it is now time to really enjoy everything Hawaii has to offer. The off season is a great time to start. Take your time and soak it all in. You’ll feel like a true Hawaiian resident in no time at all.